Friday, November 28, 2008

THANKGIVING

I just wanted to take sometime to be greatful for all the good things in my life. First and for most I am greatful for my family and there health. A lot goes into this. Cody are 5 month old joined the family this year and we thought that after failing 2 hearing tested that we would have a deaf son but thanks to prayer being answered by a loving Father in Heaven he turned out just fine. He passed his last hearing test and we notice him responding to our voice like never before. Another thing that I am greatful for is that God still hears and answers prayer. I know this and it is great to watch our oldest son Nathan as he learns this for himself. I am thankful for the fact that we have elections in this country and even though I voted for McCain who didn't win, we have had not had riots or bombing or other crazy things in America. I am proud to an American and I thank all the people who have given this this right to me ( a little Lee Greenwood) For all the people who make sacrifices and give up things for America's freedom. People like my sisters Shari who let her husband John go off to Africa with the Navy and helped the people there even when she was pregnant and really could have used him here. The scarifies people like that make are a blessing to me and my family.
I am thankful for my husband and his great job. For the fact that he can work and is willing to do so. For the fact that he loves me with all of his heart. It is great to know that after 6 yrs of marriage and 9 yrs of dating (total time we have known each other) he still loves me and lets me be who I am. I am also thankful for my own job for the people that I see everyday and that I get to serve them. I am thankful for our ward and the friends we have there. For a calling that takes all my energy and a lot of effort. For teachers that love my children and teach them with all there hearts.


So as I sit down to watch a movie with all four of my boys remember to be glad for what you have and to work hard for the things that are worthy of having and that you need. That's all for now.

No comments: